Setting Your Clock
First Time Setup
The first time you turn on your clock, you will need to:
- Connect it to your wifi
- Set the timezone
Connecting to Wifi
Configuration of the clock's wifi connection is performed via the SoftAP protocol. This method allows for easy configuration via a wifi enabled smart phone, tablet, laptop or computer.
- Make sure the clock is unplugged.
- Push and hold either of the two buttons on the back of the clock. Then plug it in.
- It takes about 10 seconds for the clock to boot. Once all the LEDs are lit, the clock is ready to be configured.
- The clock will create a temporary wifi network called "fine-wordclock-XXX".
- Connect your phone or laptop to the "fine-wordclock-XXX" network and open `http://192.168.0.1` in a web browser.
- Follow the on screen instructions to connect the clock to your preferred wifi network with access to the internet.
Setting the Time and Timezone
The clock set's its time automatically via a special time server on the internet. There is no need to manually set the hour and minute. One only needs to set the timezone. On the back of the clock are two buttons. Push the button closest to edge of the clock to cycle through the timezones.
The current timezone setting will be remembered even if the clock is powered off. Use the time zone setting to adjust for daylight savings time.
Setting the Color
On the back of the clock are two buttons. Push the button closes to the center of the clock to cycle through color options. The current color option will be remembered even if the clock is powered off.